Here are some YouTube stats that might interest you. It’s one of the largest social sites on the Internet. The site was founded in 2005 and allows users to upload videos to share with everyone.
- YouTube has more than 1 billion users
- Every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views: http://www.youtube-views.com
- The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year over year
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- ~60% of a creator’s views comes from outside their home country
- YouTube is localized in 75 countries and available in 61 languages
- Half of YouTube views are on mobile devices
- Mobile revenue on YouTube is up over 100% y/y
If you want more information on YouTube you should definitely read the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
Eight hundred million users visit the website every month. It is the second largest search engine next to Google.
Instagram was a startup that got purchased by Facebook within 18 months of it’s launch for a cool 1 Billion Dollars?
So what makes Instagram so special? One of the most notable reasons is it’s ability to be really social. The application allows you to share your photos with anyone 24 hours a day. The concept of using hashtags to get your photos noticed by like minded users is a features users love.
The network is instant. Not only does your content get published directly to users who have the same interests but they can vote on your posts. They don’t call if voting but more of a way to Like your photos. Gaining likes is an instant gratification that feeds the most narcissistic user. It started the idea of the selfie that we all enjoy today. The more likes you have on your photos gives you the feeling of being popular. Whether you Buy Instagram Likes or earn them through hardwork or apps likes http://www.instaliker.us, you will understand once you get your first like on your photo.
Another appealing feature of Instagram is how you get followers. People will follow you based on the subject matter you post and the frequency of those posts. The more attractive you are or the more creative you are with your posts can yield positive results. Most of the influencers will post at least three times a week. This keeps their users actively engaged in the channel by liking the photos.
How long will Instagram survive? Nobody knows but each year it continues to gain new members. With over 300 billion users registered it doesn’t look like they are going anywhere anytime soon.